Zuikertuintje (meaning little sugar garden) used to be a country house for townspeople. There possibly was a little green garden in which sugar cane was grown on modest scale. The Landhuis was built approximately early 1800 in order of the West Indian Company. It was also the distributor of well water for the ships coming in and leaving the island. The latest rebuilding didn’t interfere with the original character of Zuikertuintje. Right now it is part of a shopping mall.