This plantation, nearly 75 acres, was originally called ‘Rust en Vree’ (Peace and Quiet). It was located by the ‘Rooi Catootje’, a water drainage system for the raining season. Agriculture has been practiced for some time and later on livestock. The Landhuis was built around 1820 and was used as a country residence for most of the time. In 1954 the round table conference was held in the Landhuis. During the conference the autonomy of the former Netherlands Antilles was recorded.