The museum houses a small elegant collection of artifacts from the church’s Dutch Protestant congregation (1635) , such as antique silver chalices, a mahogany and silver baptismal font and an antique mahogany ‘bible table’, formerly used in the plantation houses. The Fort Church was built in 1769 as part of Fort Amsterdam. In the sturdy walls a cannonball is imbedded. It serves as a reminder of the attack by the British in 1804. Local legend has it that the cannonball was fired from Captain Bligh’s infamous Bounty.